If you want to understand the psychology and theories behind minimalism or are searching for inspiration and advice for starting your own minimalist journey, you’ve come to the right place.
New book coming soon..!
Be first to hear about the launch date for my new book ‘Born Minimalist’ PLUS you’ll receive a monthly newsletter on new posts containing theories, practical minimising tips and personal insights from the Theoretical Minimalist.
NEW ON THE BLOG…
- When decluttering causes regrets
- What would you put in one box?
- How minimalism can help soothe the ‘Micro Stressors’ of everyday life
- Why you should be a minimalist during the cost of living crisis
- Why cognitive flexibility is vital for a minimalist lifestyle
- How cleaning and organising eases stress
- Why your friends are hindering your minimalist journey
- How to prevent recluttering
- Why lockdown 3 turned me into a compulsive shopper
- The desire to acquire: Why the novelty of buying new things soon wears off
- You are an antelope: Why evolution causes us to be stressed by clutter
- The clutter of collections & letting them go
- How practicing gratitude can support a minimalist life
- The decluttering journey – Deciding what to keep
- The non-monochrome minimalist
- How Freud’s 5 Stages of Psychosexual Development relate to hoarding
- The ‘hyper brain’ of high IQ individuals + how minimalism can help with these anxieties
- The Hotel Experience
- We’ve all got boxes we haven’t unpacked
- Why the pandemic turned me into a hoarder
Follow @TheoreticalMinimalist on Instagram